Pmod BLE <->STM32F103 connection and communication problem

jimmycheung_lufes

Question

Hello,

I have a STM32F103RBT6 nucleo-64 board. Now I want to connect it with Pmod BLE unit so that STM32 board can communicate with an Android app with the BLE kit. For the STM32 board, I would like to use USART2 port for TX and RX of Pmod BLE. Therefore, I connected the RX of BLE unit to USART2 TX of STM32 board, and TX of BLE unit is connected to USART2 RX of STM32 board. However, I want to know except these two pins, Vcc and GND, is there any port(s) to connect?

Moreover, for the STM32 board programming, I would like is it enough for me to write these codes to receive and send data (a single character) between STM32 board and Pmod BLE kit? 

void USART2_IRQHandler()
{

if (USART_GetITStatus (USART2,USART_IT_TC) != RESET)
	{
			//if something has been received, send it back and then clear "input".
			if (hasInput)
			{
					USART_SendData(USART2,input);
				  input = ' ';
					hasInput = false;
			} 
			else
			{

}
	}

if (USART_GetITStatus(USART2,USART_IT_RXNE) != RESET)
		{
				//if there is something received.
			  input = (unsigned char) USART_ReceiveData(USART2); 
				hasInput = true;
		}

}

Thank you.

3 answers to this question

Hi @jimmycheung_lufes,

Welcome to the forums. In our adruino demo for the Pmod BLE on the resource center here only uses the serial pins so I belie you would only need the rx and tx connected correctly. Also Its been awhile since I used uart through an interrupt. But as far as I can tell your code look ok. I would also suggest using the Arduino demo to verify you have everything connected correctly and use the PMod BLE without interrupts first.

cheers,

Jon

Archived