xparameters.h is not getting update in sdk

Sami Malik

Question

Hi

I made a block design in which I have connected BRAM with PS in vivado 2014.4. Then I created hdl wrapper and then generated an output product and then generated a bit stream and then exported it to sdk. But when I opened it in sdk my .hdf file is updated correctly but in bsp file, xparameters.h is not getting update and showing me wrong values of base and high address of my BRAM.
In vivado base address of axi_bram_ctrl_0 is 0x40000000 but xparameters.h in sdk is showing me 0x00000000. Screenshot of addresses is attached.

I have repeat the whole process of making a block in new project and exporting it to sdk but nothing changed.

Regards,

Here.png

8 answers to this question

Hi @Sami Malik,

Looking at the xparameter.h  in a working project my belief looks to be wrong. Please attach your xparameters.h file. I have attached an xparameters.h file for a workings zynq project but does not use the bram ctrl. In the SDK bram ctrl driver it should have example sdk code as well as test code for the bram. I would suggest looking at this as well.

thank you,

Jon

xparameters.h

Sure sir. Both screenshots are attached below but I think there is some sort for generating linker script page. Its saying that no application project is selected but you can see on the left side of window i have selected helloworld.c application project. I think I don't understand the error or I don't know how to overcome it.

Address of BRAM from Vivado

here1.thumb.png.3652ba3c948b9bc9cd50c70d68567473.png

Thank you

Hi @Sami Malik,

In the linker script the axi bram ctrl base address is 0x40000000. Which is what you set it to in Vivado. I'm not sure but I believe that the 0x00000000 base address is in reference to the axi bram ctrl base address as 0x40000000. Try right clicking on the hello BSP, then click on Index -> Rebuild and see if that changes anything in the xparameters.h.  

thank you,

Jon

Ok sir I will use this xparameters.h in my project and I'll inform you after testing it. And I also saw those examples but didn't test them before. I will also test them and will get back to you if I get any problem again.

Thank you sir you are really helping me out and giving me your precious time. 

Archived