PMOD ESP32 Driver error in SDK.

StefanOR

Question

Hello All,

I am getting a make error when attempting to build the PMOD ESP32 driver in Xilinx SDK. I will attach a picture of the the error and my SDK flow. I included all the path directories for the console application folder in the C/C++ Build Directories.  The problem is essentially that "XPAR_PS7_UART_0_DEVICE_ID" doesn't exist.

Is it under a new name perhaps?

Should I export "Main.C" to the "src" folder? 

Any help is appreciated! 

**This is the line of code that is giving me the issue**

"#define HOST_UART_DEVICE_ID XPAR_PS7_UART_0_DEVICE_ID" 

ESP32_make_error.PNG

3 answers to this question

Hi @StefanOR,

I made a project using Vivado 2018.3 for the Zedboard with the PmodESP32 on JC. I got the same error after adding the main.c to my application.  To fix this hold down the Ctrl key and left click on the xparameters.h on the top of main.c. This should open up xparameters.h. Then search xparameters.h for XPAR_PS7_UART. In my project XPAR_PS7_UART_1_DEVICE_ID was the defined parameter. So all I had to do was change XPAR_PS7_UART_0_DEVICE_ID to XPAR_PS7_UART_1_DEVICE_ID in the main.c code.  I would guess that this is a version issue with Vivado 2018.3. I have contacted our content team about this issue for the PmodESP32.

thank you,

Jon

Hi @StefanOR,

In you screen shot the main.c file is not saved. After saving the main.c file does the error goes away. If not then right click on the ESP_32_joey_bsp and re-generate the board support package. If that does not fix the issue try deleting the ESP_32_joey_bsp and adding a new board support package with the exact name you used in you sdk project  "ESP_32_joey_bsp". I do not think you will need to add any additional libraries so then just select ok. Did re-adding the bsp fix the issue? If not, please attach a screen shot of your vivado block design. What version of Vivado and what FPGA development board are you using?

thank you,

Jon

Hey @jpeyron

Thanks for the reply. I tried saving the file (Main.c), Regenerating BSP sources, and deleting/remaking BSP file and the error is still being thrown. I am using Vivado 2018.3 and am developing on Zedboard. I will attach pictures of my Block Design and SDK path directories to this email.

It seems like the issue would be with where ever the "XPAR_PS7_UART_0_DEVICE_ID" is being defined. Possibly Xparameters ? But I haven't been able to find anything similar to this variable name. Thanks for the help!

Vivado_BD_ESP32.PNG

ESP32_workingPaths.PNG

Archived