How to control VGA port of Zybo from PS?

Sami Malik

Question

Hi,

I have written a code in Verilog to control screen through VGA port and performed different transitions in color displaying on screen. But now I want to do the same thing from PS part of ZYBO. I don't know whether I have to use HDMI port for this purpose or something else. Please help me out from this problem and suggest me different tutorials to do this task if available

Thanks in advance :)

Regards,

6 answers to this question

Hi 

Sir actually I have written a code in verilog for controlling VGA port from PL part of ZYBO. But now I want to involve PS in this project for controlling VGA port. And one more thing that I am not getting any input from HDMI. I thought I could involve HDMI cores etc from PS side to control the VGA port. Please suggest me any tutorial or PDF material for this and Is there any other easy way to do my task?

Thanks sir

Hi @Sami Malik,

The HDMI IN and HDMI OUT are good reference projects on using the HDMI  and VGA with the Digilent DVI2RGB and RGB2VGA IP Cores. Here is the DVI2RGB user guide and here is the RGB2VGA user guide. We do not have tutorials beyond the user guides and demos for the DVI2RGB and RGB2VGA IP Cores.  These IP Cores work with the ZYNQ processor. To use your Verilog code with the ZYNQ processor you will either need to facilitate communication with the AXI BUS(very complicated task) or use the add a module function in the Vivado block design.  Here is a forum thread that discusses this process.

thank you,

Jon

Archived