YakirP

Pmod wifi SDK problem

Question

Hi

i'm using Vivado 2018.2 + Zedboard, my goal is to use the WiFiScan from the examples attached to Pmod WiFi folder.

i have build the project in vivado section and exported it to SDK

at that point i'm creating new application project, choose C++ project and select finish.

i'm getting the following errors: 
flexible array member 'DHCPDG_T::options' not at end of 'struct DHCPMEM_T'    DHCP.h    ‪/proj_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/include/DEIPcK/utility‬    line 216    C/C++ Problem
flexible array member 'DHCPDG_T::options' not at end of 'struct DHCPMEM_T'    DHCP.h    ‪/proj_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/PmodWIFI_v1_0/src/DEIPcK/utility‬    line 216    C/C++ Problem
flexible array member 'SMGR_T::rgPages' not at end of 'class TCPSocket'    HeapMgr.h    ‪/proj_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/include/DEIPcK/utility‬    line 145    C/C++ Problem
flexible array member 'SMGR_T::rgPages' not at end of 'class TCPSocket'    HeapMgr.h    ‪/proj_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/PmodWIFI_v1_0/src/DEIPcK/utility‬    line 145    C/C++ Problem
flexible array member 'SMGR_T::rgPages' not at end of 'class UDPSocket'    HeapMgr.h    ‪/proj_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/include/DEIPcK/utility‬    line 145    C/C++ Problem
flexible array member 'SMGR_T::rgPages' not at end of 'class UDPSocket'    HeapMgr.h    ‪/proj_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/PmodWIFI_v1_0/src/DEIPcK/utility‬    line 145    C/C++ Problem
flexible array member 'SMGR_T::rgPages' not at end of 'struct DNSMEM_T'    HeapMgr.h    ‪/proj_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/include/DEIPcK/utility‬    line 145    C/C++ Problem
flexible array member 'SMGR_T::rgPages' not at end of 'struct DNSMEM_T'    HeapMgr.h    ‪/proj_bsp/ps7_cortexa9_0/libsrc/PmodWIFI_v1_0/src/DEIPcK/utility‬    line 145    C/C++ Problem

thanks for the help

image.thumb.png.3fc2a20f28291c3ccb71b85feed83706.png

6 answers to this question

Hi @YakirP,

You are getting these errors due to not adding the correct folders to your application. This YouTube tutorial for the Pmod WIFI walks through the correct process. The tutorial is for an Artix-7 FPGA but the SDK portion of the tutorial will be the same. I have attached a screen shot of the block design using the zedboard and Pmod WIFI.

cheers,

Jon

Vivado_2018_2_pmod_wifi.jpg

my Vivado desing looks the same besides the gpio ip (i don't need it).

it passed the generate bitstream successfully -> export hardware and launch SDK.

i keep following the video attached (as i did before) and i'm trying to make a new application project (C++ project).

after hitting finish on it, the SDK takes couple of minutes to update the software and then the error jumpes from no where.

i'm using the library of vivado attached to the YouTube video so i don't know about which folders are you talking about.

as i wrote, this error jumped even before i'm touching my new project. i didn't copy yet anything to the new project.

any help?

Hi @YakirP,

I am getting the same error as you are using Vivado/SDK 2018.2 and Vivado/SDK 2018.3. I did not get this error using Vivado/SDK 2017.4. For the time being I would suggest using Vivado/SDK 2017.4.  We are looking into this but it may be some time before we determine what the issue is.  I did find a xilinx forum thread about this issue here

thank you,

Jon

Wifi_error_1.jpg

Wifi_error_2.jpg

I am wondering if there is any update to this problem? Your link suggests the solution is to go Windows 7, which is not a viable solution. According to the global-build.log,

76 In file included from ./DEIPcK/utility/deIP.h:409:0,
  77                  from ../../../include/DEIPcK.h:64,
  78                  from DEIPcK/DEIPcK.cpp:54:
  79 ./DEIPcK/utility/DHCP.h:216:25: error: flexible array member 'DHCPDG_T::options' not at end of 'struct DHCPMEM_T'
  80      uint8_t     options[];      // variable lenght options ends with the end opiton of 0xFF

88 In file included from ./DEIPcK/utility/deIP.h:404:0,
  89                  from ../../../include/DEIPcK.h:64,
  90                  from DEIPcK/DEIPcK.cpp:54:
  91 ./DEIPcK/utility/HeapMgr.h:145:25: error: flexible array member 'SMGR_T::rgPages' not at end of 'struct DNSMEM_T'
  92      PGID        rgPages[];

Seems the problem occurs during the build. I can't see anything wrong with the flexible array element in either struct.

I am coming to the conclusion that a user cannot fix this problem. The issue from my side is, your PmodWiFi is unusable and following the instructions from the YouTube video doesn't work. Is there any hope to get this problem fixed?

Hi @rzsmi,

The content team is aware that the Pmod WIFI has errors when using Vivado/SDK 2018.2 and Vivado/SDK 2018.3. They will address this issue when they have bandwidth.  Unfortunately we do not have an ETA for when this will be done. The current suggestion/solution is to use Vivado 2017.4.  We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

best regards,

Jon

FYI, tried Linux as alternative and ran into a completely different set of problems.  The make file had errors.

LinuxMakeError.png

ErrosWiFiSDK.png