maths on Scope - integral function (C1) needed

Telemeter

Question

Hi, I am quite new here and have only a few hours working on AD2. It is performing excellent! Now I would like to make measurements on very high DC current flows (of a car's starter engine) using a kind of current clamp. The scope shall show the output voltage of the "transformer" on C1. That's quite easy for me so far to realise. As a next step I would now like to add a math channel to the scope which shall integrate C1 and show the result below. The result should be proportional to the actual current flow going through the clamp. I tried already to write a script for it. Due to my lack of experience it failed to work:

if (first) return M1==0

else return M1+=C1*1/100 // whereas 1/100 represents k dt

unfortunately I do know nearly nothing about the used programming language, even not the name of it.

Could anybody help me, please? I am very eager to find out if my experiment will lead to some reasonable result, after calibration.

Juergen

4 answers to this question

Hi Attila, hi script-programmers,

thanks for your answer, but... I want to try measuring a current , expecting 100 A and more. And I do really want to use inductive coupling for my experiment. The result will be a sharp and very short impulse at the moment the current is switched on. During constant flow of current, no influence and no voltage at all will be generated. When the current to measure is switched off again, this will result in a negative Impulse and after that - nothing at all, again. If I would be able to implement mathematical integration of channel C1, the resulting graph I of channel M1 (math.) would show me the flowing current during all time of the experiment.

grafik.png.21d702f44535ec741d0804c4fafbab51.pnggrafik.png.414dd455bc08d4e11d863b476041f8a7.pngfor M1

Could anybody show me please, how the program sniplet has to be written as a script?

Thanks,

Juergen.

Archived