Pmod

Ahmed Alfadhel

Question

12 answers to this question

Hi @Ahmed Alfadhel,

The PmodDA3 needs to be put into the vivado library folder. On my PC i put the attached folder on my desktop and added it to project through the IP repository. The Digilent IP cores also use other files such as the if folder to help with configuring the connection. Here is a completed Vivado 2018.2 project using the PmodDA3 and the Arty-A7-35T. 

thank you,

Jon

PmodAD3.zip

Hi @Ahmed Alfadhel,

Could you be more specific about your project. Which Pmod?  What are you trying to do? If you are using an IP Core they are typically made to communicate through the AXI bus. Microblaze handles this communication. You can use IP Cores without using microblaze but you would need to facilitate communication through the AXI bus which is a fairly complicated task.

thank you,

Jon

43 minutes ago, jpeyron said:

Hi @Ahmed Alfadhel,

Could you be more specific about your project. Which Pmod?  What are you trying to do? If you are using an IP Core they are typically made to communicate through the AXI bus. Microblaze handles this communication. You can use IP Cores without using microblaze but you would need to facilitate communication through the AXI bus which is a fairly complicated task.

thank you,

Jon

Thanks , Mr Jpeyron, 

Actually , I am using Pmod DA3 .

I will be grateful if there a simple example on how to use this module.

Thanks in advance

Hi @Ahmed Alfadhel,

Here is a VHDL project done by a community member that uses the Pmod DA3 and the Basys 3. What FPGA development board are you using? If you need to use the Pmod DA3 with an IP Core then you will want to use the add a module function in the vivado block design. Here is a forum thread about using the the add a module.

thank you,

Jon 

5 minutes ago, jpeyron said:

Hi @Ahmed Alfadhel,

Here is a VHDL project done by a community member that uses the Pmod DA3 and the Basys 3. What development board are you using? If you need to use the Pmod DA3 with an IP Core then you will want to use the add a module function in the vivado block design. Here is a forum thread about using the the add a module.

thank you,

Jon 

Thank you Mr Jon , for your active follow,

I am using Arty 7 board.

And I want to inform you that the last link is a mirror ! see attached picture.

Looking forward your reply.

here.JPG

Hi @Ahmed Alfadhel,

Sorry for the wrong link. Here is the correct link.  The bullet points in the Getting Started with Digilent Pmod IP's describe the steps needed to be taken to use the different Digilent Pmod IP Cores that we have had time to make here. Can you be more specific about what you would like to see added/changed?

thank you,

Jon

16 hours ago, jpeyron said:

Hi @Ahmed Alfadhel,

Our content team has not had time to make the Pmod DA3 IP Core.  The add a module function in the vivado block design discussed in the linked thread will help you to use the VHDL Pmod DA3 project linked above with the axi bus and microblaze/zynq processors.

thank you,

Jon

Hello Mr Jon,

I used axi_gpio_0 as an AXI bus  in my design . Is that right?

Kindly find the attached picture.

Thanks in advnace

AXI.JPG

Hello Mr JON,

While I was trying to add JA IP core connector to my design , an error is exposed "'Connector JA' board component cannot be connected because no possible options to connect." ! 

What is wrong with this connector?

And I think already an option is available to connect JA Connector to , which is Pmod_DA3 . 

kindly find the attached picture.

Please I am looking to your help technicans .

Best Regards.

JA.JPG

2 hours ago, jpeyron said:

Hi @Ahmed Alfadhel,

The AXI GPIO IP Core would need to be altered to work with the board files. I have attached a generic GPIO IP Core that has been altered to work with the digilent board files. You will need to alter the PmodDA3.cpp ,PmodDA3.h  and main.c to work with the PmodDA3.

thank you,

Jon

PmodDA3_v1_0.zip

Hello Mr Jon ,

I downloaded the zip file, then I imported the PmodDA3 , at this time an error and couple of critical warnings appeared , when I tried to add any connector (JA , JB, JC, JD).

Kindly , see the attached picture,

I am really grateful for your continuous support.

Many thanks

JB.JPG

Archived