Error with enabling DIO channel

Chandana

Question

I want to set a digital IO channel to LOW. In the process of setting it LOW, first the channel is enabled.

But an error is reported at FDwfDigitalOutEnableSet( ) function call. Error is "dwf.DWFError: Error(0): DptiIO failed ERC:0X4."

Can anyone help in troubleshooting this?

10 answers to this question

Hi @Chandana,

I have moved your question to a more appropriate section of the forum where the engineers much more experienced with the Analog Discovery 2 look. I presume you are using SDK to program the digital IO channel? What version of Waveforms are you using and did you try out the Digital IO example that comes with WaveForms SDK in the example folder?

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @Chandana

The error code indicates that your application is not connected to the device.
const   ERC ercCapabilityNotEnabled     = 4;    //  The protocol is not enabled

In such case you should get "Invalid device handle provided" error, but some old software version might return the error you got.

Which WaveForms version are you using?

Are you calling FDwfDigitalOutEnableSet function from another process than FDwfDeviceOpen?

Could you post your code?

Hi @Lakshmi Tejas M A

I see you are using the 3rd party py/dwf 
I have installed this and the example is working for me with WF 3.8.11 and 3.9.1

Make sure to close WF app or other (custom) application that can keep the device busy.
Only one application can be connected to a device at a time.

C:\Users\#####>python DigitalOut_Pins.py
DWF Version: 3.9.1
Opening first device
Generating output counter for 10 seconds...

On 1/7/2019 at 4:57 PM, attila said:

Hi @Lakshmi Tejas M A

I see you are using the 3rd party py/dwf 
I have installed this and the example is working for me with WF 3.8.11 and 3.9.1

Make sure to close WF app or other (custom) application that can keep the device busy.
Only one application can be connected to a device at a time.

C:\Users\#####>python DigitalOut_Pins.py
DWF Version: 3.9.1
Opening first device
Generating output counter for 10 seconds...

Hi @attila

thank you on checking on it.

We think analog discovery 2 is getting disconnected because of noise entering USB. Not sure.

wanted to know if we can close the device which is opened and reopen in this scenario.  

because WF is not open and some function are running but in middle this scenario is created. This doesn't happen every time.

ty

LT 

Archived