Control DC motor with Labview and arduino serial communication

ronil

Question

Hi, 

I am a beginner in electronics and trying to interfacing few basic components with labview as per my curriculum, here I followed the attached control schematics (from here  https://circuitdigest.com/microcontroller-projects/arduino-labview-interfacing-tutorial) to control the LED with ARduino using serial communication.

Design-Simulation-for-LED-Blink.jpg.0dda2caaaf1c21abb0206d3f494408e6.jpg

It was successful but as soon as i replaced the LED with a DC Motor, it stopped working. Means DC motor is not rotating at all. I connected the DC motor with GND and pin 6 of Arduino and changed the DO pin in the above graphical interface, but it didnt worked. Can anyone tell me where I went wrong?

Spoiler

4 answers to this question

Do not try an drive a motor winding with a device IO pin that is not conditioned for such duty. Reactive loads will do nasty things to your device and subject it to conditions well outside its specified operation range. Your output pin must be isolated by a proper driver circuit.

Ok, so we need a separate driver circuit to run DC motor.

I know that Servo and stepper need driver circuits, but I can run DC motor by just connecting it to battery without any circuitry. So I thought it can be run directly. 

Anyway I will search about this and come back if having any doubt. 

My advice for driving a relay coil is the same. I'm not guessing about this I've completed designs. Doing some research is a good idea. So would be doing some simulations. There are free analog simulators available that will let you use realistic components.

Archived