ARTY S7 PMICs

fpgadev

Hi DIGILENT,

I use an Arty S7 Evalboard for prototyping. I came across there are two different PMICS used. In schematics REV E there is DA9062 from Dialog and in REV B there is Analog Devices ADP5052. The board I have right now has ADP5052 installed. Are there boards around with DA9062? What was the reason for the switch?

I consider to use DA9062 in my design. How did you configure the PMIC, or did you use a standard configuration?

Thanks in advance for your reply

arty_s7_sch-rev_b_e_PMIC.pdf

Hi @fpgadev,

I apologize for the delay; I have asked another engineer if there was a particular reason for the switch and if they have any configuration tips to provide.

I am a little confused about your question about if there are boards around with the DA9062 since the latest revision of the Arty S7 and the Arty A7 both use the DA9062, so to me that answer would be yes there are boards that use this part.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi JColvin,

thanks for your reply. I have ordered another board which must arrive at any day now. I hope there is DA9062 installed, but I will get confirmation once I have received it.

I would appreciate tips for DA9062 configuration, since it is a quite complex programmable PMIC.

Thanks

Hi @fpgadev,

The redesign wasn’t due to any flaws with the initial line. We switched to the DA9062 to better align the Arty S7 with the products promoted by our partners. 

As for the DA9062 configuration, what I can tell you is that we are using a custom configuration that gets programmed into the device's non-volatile memory using a Dialog DA9061/2/3 In-Circuit Programmer (232-18-A Programmer Board) as part of the Arty S7 manufacturing test. If you want to design the DA9062 into a product then I strongly suggest ordering the DA9062-EVAL1 and testing out different configurations on the eval board.

Best regards,

Bianca

Hi @Bianca,

thanks for your reply. I have already got a DA9062-EVAL3 board. It has a socket daughtercard and 5 unprogrammed devices DA9062 I can play with. Right now I am working on the power-up sequence and the DA9062 OTP configuration with smartcanvas GUI. For the project I am working at, it will be the same setup you are using -> programming during manufacturing test. I was just wondering whether you had used a standard variant which was already available.

Best Regards

fpgadev

Archived