Pmodbt2 Issue when removing authentication

adjekovic

Question

Hello,

In my project I must connect 2 pmodbt2's together. I am currently following the tutorial provided by digilent: https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/auto-connect-2-bt2_s/start . Everything goes smoothly until i reach the point to remove authentication. When i send the  “SA,0<cr>” command to disable authentication (“Authen=0”), i receive the following message: "AOK" and PuTTY freezes up. Authentication is still “Authen=1” and does not switch to “Authen=0”.  I cannot type any further and i am forced to quit out, and re-open putty - which still does not let me type. So i tried disconnecting from bluetooth and reconnecting and now there is a password to reconnect. Here i am forced to factory reset the module and start over. I have tried this 10 times with different commands and it still freezes up.  How can I remove authentication without PuTTY freezing up? or is there another method? Thank you. 

5 answers to this question

Hi @adjekovic,

Here is a more advanced users manual. I would look at page 8. A quick check to confirm that you are in command mode is to type 

x <cr> 

command after entering command mode. This command shows the a summary of the module’s current settings, such as the Bluetooth name, device class, and serial port settings.  Make sue that you are returning to data mode, type

----<cr> 

or reset the module and re-connect.

thank you,

Jon

1 hour ago, jpeyron said:

Hi @adjekovic,

Here is a more advanced users manual. I would look at page 8. A quick check to confirm that you are in command mode is to type 

x <cr> 

command after entering command mode. This command shows the a summary of the module’s current settings, such as the Bluetooth name, device class, and serial port settings.  Make sue that you are returning to data mode, type

----<cr> 

or reset the module and re-connect.

thank you,

Jon

Jon, 

I have already tried that and still receiving the same issue. It states it in the tutorial i was following. Any other suggestions?

19 hours ago, jpeyron said:

Hi @adjekovic,

Could you attach your code for configuring the Pmod BT2? Have you added delays in between the commands? Here is a forum that that discusses this.

thank you,

Jon

Jon,

There is no code i am using. I am just following the commands listed in the tutorial: https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/auto-connect-2-bt2_s/start . I am not using an arduino, just trying to connect two pmod BT2 together. 

Archived