pmod wifi

harika

Question

Thank you so much for the reply.

1)We have copied the html pages into the SD card and placed in zedboard but we are getting the following error.

2)How does the zedboard read data from sd card which is on ps side?

1491269096_Screenshot(96).thumb.png.90e346dd9b4a32fb032163bb000074a9.png

1)we made SD settings in zynq processor so that errors have been removed likewise we have to place any UART settings in zynq for modem signals if so can u please tell what are the signals we have to enable.

2)So,can we write mobile's username and password in  HTTPserverconfig.h

Screenshot (81).png

Hi @harika,

I have not ran into the error lock down A303 error before.

I did find a refernce to a error lock down A304 on this Xilinx forum thread.

1) I would suggest not having the Linux files on the SD card.

2) Here is the zedboard reference manual. What mode setting do you have on the Zedboard (page 28 and attached screen shot).

3) In regards to the Zynq processor make sure you are using the digilent board files. The board files become the default setting for the ZYNQ processor when you are running block automation. I would suggest not altering the default settings, until you have a working project. Then I would worry about optimizing the project. 

thank you,

Jon

Zedboard_mode_settings.jpg

Hi @harika,

Using the Pmod WIFI's HTTP server you do not need to connect a PC to the router.  You will  need a device on the routers network to access the HTTP server. I used a WIFI enabled device like a smart phone and logged onto the routers network then from an internet browser on my smart phone I accessed the specific IP address of the HTTP server.

thank you,

Jon

1) But how the board is connected to router?

2)while working in sdk when we create new application the jumpers must be in SD mode,when we program fpga jumpers must be in Jtag mode am i right please correct me if i am wrong.

Hi @harika,

The board connects to the router through the Pmod WIFI. That is why you need the login and password for the router added in the HTTPServerConfig.h.

The mode jumper would be set to SD if you were booting your project from the SD card reader. In this case the project is just using the SD card reader and not booting from the SD card reader. You should have the Mode Jumper set to JTAG.

best regards,

Jon

1)what is the actual usage of pmod WiFi and how we know that it is connected to our board.

2)can we use our mobile's hotspot user name and password in HTTPserverconfig.h instead of router or we should use router's username and password only

Hi @harika,

The Zynq processor facilitates the hardware connection between the DDR3 and the SD card. The SD folder in the SDK project handles the software portion for communication to the SD Card.

What version of Vivado are you currently using? Please attach a screen shot of your block design.

image.thumb.png.c4ad8e5d937fd058ede1ccae72209809.png

I get the following error when the files requested are not on the SD Card as well if the PmodWIFI was connected to the wrong Pmod Port.

image.png.6ef6e6a267abb4cfd76521ac440403d2.png

This is how the SD Card should look.

image.thumb.png.6bf2d938b22b47a3ddc09f955d888fab.png

Here is working serial output:

image.png.52c2d92058fe7a78dfdd2b5db9a5a107.png

Here is a screen shot of the contents of the Application as well as the HTTPServerConfig.h code. You must alter two parts of the HTTPServerConfig.h code You must put your modem login and modem password where it says to in the screen shot.

image.thumb.png.8dbae407b17d6e279e467cc04d5d849f.png

I have attached pictures of my set up as well as screen shots from my phone which was connected to the HTTPServer. My phone needed to be connected to the same WIFI network to be able to access the HTTPServer.

Here is a verified and completed for the Zedboard WIFI SD card Vivado 2017.4 project as of this afternoon.

Best regards,

Jon

HTTPServer_2.jpg

HTTPServer_3.jpg

HTTPServer_4.jpg

HTTPServer_5.jpg

HTTPServer_1.jpg

Thank you for the reply.

we are using vivado version 2016.1

we have done the following changes in zynq processor (like placing sd signal and uart signal) in our block design, then only it was displaying the following statements in tera term as that of example, which you didnot mention. Is this process is correct or are there any signals we need to add since we are getting the following errors.

And we just placed the html pages as like you into our sd card.

Screenshot (101).png

Screenshot (98).png

Hi @harika,

We do not have and documentation or examples for configuring the ZYNQ processor or the components that are tied to the ZYNQ processor. 

We provide board files that correctly configure the ZYNQ processor as well as help facilitate the communication with the Pmod Ports.

When creating a Vivado project please use the boards tab and select the digilent board files for the Zedboard(not Avnet's board files).  

Then when you add the ZYNQ processor the default settings will be the digilent board files. Here is the Installing Vivado and Digilent Board Files tutorial.

I would suggest initially to leave the all of the ZYNQ setting alone except for adding interrupts until you get the Zedboard/SD/WIFI project working then I would suggest to streamline the ZYNQ processor if desired. Here is the Zynq-7000 SoC Technical Reference Manual and the ZYNQ Book are some good documentation for users to configure the ZYNQ Processor.

Another option would be to upgrade your Vivado to 2017.4 and use the verified project linked above.

best regards,

Jon

No sir we actually placed correct board files otherwise we will not get the above output. If we don't alter those settings we are getting errors in new application's source file we have created in SDK. 

can't we place the jumpers in SD mode and do the project why only in JTAG mode

Hi @harika,

I downloaded Vivado 2016.1 and completed/verified this Zedboard/WIFI/SD Vivado 2016.1 project

To get this project working:

1) Open this project in Vivado 2016.1. 

2) launch SDK

3) Alter these specific lines in the HTTPServerConfig.h to reflect your modem login/password:

const char * szSsid = "Your modem login";

const char * szPassPhrase = "Your modem password";

4) After altering the HTTPServerConfig.h then save file.

5) Open and set up your serial terminal.

6) Program the FPGA and right click on the HTTP application and select run as->launch on hardware(system debugger).

7) To access the HTTPServer you will need to have a device that is connected to the same WIFI network.

8). Use the information given in the serial terminal to access the address of the HTTPServer.

Let us know if this is not working for you. 

Make sure that the Mode jumper are set to JTAG and that the Pmod WIFI is on JC.

The mode jumper needs to be set to JTAG since that is how the FPGA is being configured. Setting the mode jumper to SD would have the Zedboard looking for a BOOT.BIN file in the SD Card that would configure the FPGA from. There is no BOOT.BIN file created for this project.

The WIFI project uses the SD card but does not configure the FPGA from the SD Card.

Here is the Zedboard resource guide that goes into more detail for the mode Jumper settings on page 27 . 

best regards, 

Jon 

1)when I do "Program fpga" it was not taking my elf file  I followed this link https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Development-Tools/cannot-select-elf-in-sdk-during-program-FPGA/td-p/914922 but I did not understand much.

when I enable "xilffs" in board support package settings we are getting upto statement "Start wifi scan" in tera term otherwise no result are there any settings I need to enable in board support package settings in sdk to take my elf file. 

2) I referred to this html https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/63605.html i didnot get how to rebuild an application in sdk. So, please help me out

Thank you.

Screenshot (116).png

Screenshot (113).png

Hi @harika,

Did you attempt the project that @jpeyron graciously completed for in the 2016.1 version of Vivado? That would be a good way to determine if everything works correctly, but from what I can tell you ignored his project and choose to work in a different version of Vivado with that project which is a good way to generate errors. The critical warnings do not matter; it simply is stating the IP was designed for a different board.

Since you are using 2017.4, I went through the process of getting the Pmod WiFi successfully working on a Zedboard. This is what I did:

• Connect your Zedboard with a 12V supply and a USB cable to both UART and PROG (J14 and J17) to your computer. Turn on the Zedboard.
  • The SD card should have the contents as shown in this post here, and the Pmod WiFi should be in port JC
  • Download this completed project that @jpeyron already completed from here
  • Copy the folder that is contained in that .zip file to an easy to find location
  • Open up Xilinx SDK 2017.4
    • When it asks you to choose a workspace folder, choose the folder that you copied to an easy to find location
  • Once Xilinx SDK has finished opening, choose the orange Import Project button that you see on the middle of the Xilinx SDK window
  • In the Select root directory option, click the associated Browse button and select the folder that you copied to an easy location
  • Ensure that the design_1_wrapper_hw_platform_0, HTTP, and HTTP_bsp are selected and then click "Finish"
  • In the Project Explorer on the right hand side of SDK, open up the HTTP folder, go to the src folder, open the deWebIOServer folder, and then open the HTTPServerConfig.h file
    • Change the * szSsid and * szPassPhrase to appropriate WiFi details
    • Click the File button in the upper left and choose the save button
  • Click the Xilinx button at the top and choose the "Program FPGA" option
    • Keep all of the default options
  • Right click on the HTTP folder and choose "Run As" option
    • Choose the "Launch on Hardware (System Debugger)" option that appears
  • Open the serial terminal of your choice (such as Tera Term) and connect to the Zedboard at 115200 baud with 8 bits, 1 stop and no parity.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @harika,

Here is a YouTube tutorial about getting the Pmod WIFI going. It uses the Arty A7 which is not a zynq processor. In vivado you need to be using the Digilent board  Files for the Zedboard and the Vivado library.  Create a block design and add the ZYNQ processor. Next run block automation under default(board files). The select the board tab. Right click on the Pmod port you wish to use and select the pmod WIFI IP Core.  Run connection automation and do not change anything in the Zynq processor. Validate the design, create a wrapper and then generate a bitstream. Everything else should be the same in the YouTube video. You will not need a constraint file do to the board files and Vivado library handling the constraints.

thank you,

Jon

Zed_SD.jpg

Zed_SD_2.jpg

Zed_SD_3.jpg

we are not getting Pmod connectors as u got in the last picture . We just made external the JC port and run the bitstream, while we are processing through sdk, in deWebIOServerSrc.cpp we have added pins for zedboard but we got errors ,can u just give screenshot of ur deWebIOServerSrc.cpp where u have added pins for zedboard.664247067_Screenshot(49).thumb.png.3ce7940d5a4e8e49b7faa2182bf9f10a.png

Hi @harika,

The demo examples have you add the axi_gpio_ip core to the block design. The example has you connect the on-board switches and led's to the design. The YouTube pmod WIFI tutorial here shows this.  I am not able to fully read the errors you are getting in SDK but it looks like either your vivado block design does not include the switches and leds or they are named something else and the XPAR_GPIO_(NAME OF IP BLOCK IN VIVADO)_BASADDR  XPARAMETER definition reflect the block design's AXI_GPIO IP cores's name.  If you add the Digilent board files and create a project using them the board tab will be available with the pmod ports ,switches and led's. 

cheers,

Jon 

1)Does the leds and switches that u added in deWebIOServerSrc.cpp of ur block diagram and the youtube video tutorial leds and switches that they added in deWebIOServerSrc.cpp are same?

2)Is the block diagram u have designed and the youtube video tutorial block diagram give same results? the only difference between them is placing pmod sd card in youtube video tutorial and not in ur block diagram, is it is correct or not please clarify it.

Thank you.

Archived