Question

Hi, I am new to fpga. I am trying to read/write from sd card zusing the zybo zynq 7000 and I found the Xillfs example. For some reason the mkfs function always fails. I don't know if there is a problem with my design?

I have enabled the sd0 in zynq processing system. 

Is the something else I should do? 

Any help is appreciated. 

13 answers to this question

Hi, 

He is using the same code I am. 

The problem is my fpga fails to create volume on the sdcard. I have tried a different fpga with different sd cards.i don't know what I am doing wrong. 

Help!!!  

I am working on data logging to sd card. 

Hi, 

He is using the same code I am. 

The problem is my fpga fails to create volume on the sdcard. I have tried a different fpga with different sd cards.i don't know what I am doing wrong. 

Help!!!  

I am working on data logging to sd card. 

Hello,

After your help the last time i was able to mount and create a file system but now my code is stuck on writing to sd card.

The error it gives is "(1) A hard error occurred in the low level disk I/O layer */".

i have attached my code,any help is appreciated.

datalogging_v1.txt

Hi @osmaan_khan,

The error  FR_DISK_ERR is from the DFATFS.h file. It look like your alignment might be off, formatted wrong, or corrupted. Have you tried a different SD card such as a samsung or a san disk card if you are not already.

thank you,

Jon

Hi,

I have formatted the card with FAT32 with 32 kb chunk size. And yes I have already used different  sd cards.

I was thinking about using linux on fpga. Should I? 

Can you point me in that direction?

Thank you for your time. 

Hi @osmaan_khan,

I have attached working sdk code for the SD card and Pmod GPS. I believe it will still print to the sd card if you do not have a Pmod GPS connected to the board.  

Here is the Petalinux Support for Digilent Boards table. There is a project done for the Zybo. Make sure to read the readme file. 

thank you,

Jon

main.c