AMS 101 Setup for ZedBoard

mehmetdemirtas89

Question

hey everyone,

there are hardware & software setup files of AMS101 platform for some Xilinx's evaluation cards i.e. AC701, VC707, KC705 and ZC702.  (https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation-navigation/see-all-versions.html?xlnxproducttypes=Boards and Kits&xlnxdocumentid=UG960)

However, I want to use AMS101 with ZedBoard but no idea how to set up. Any suggestions to do that?

thanks 

5 answers to this question

Hi @mehmetdemirtas89,

I was not able to find a AMS101 boot.bin file for the zedboard. Here is the link to the project for the AMS101 provided by xilinx using their ZC702 evaluation board. You will need to sign into the site and agree to terms of usage.  You should be able to use the xilinx project as a reference for building your own project for the zedboard and the AMS101. Here is an older zedboard programming tutorial that will help you make a boot.bin file for your project.

cheers,

Jon

4 hours ago, jpeyron said:

Hi @mehmetdemirtas89,

I was not able to find a AMS101 boot.bin file for the zedboard. Here is the link to the project for the AMS101 provided by xilinx using their ZC702 evaluation board. You will need to sign into the site and agree to terms of usage.  You should be able to use the xilinx project as a reference for building your own project for the zedboard and the AMS101. Here is an older zedboard programming tutorial that will help you make a boot.bin file for your project.

cheers,

Jon

Hi,

Thank you John for your answer;

I followed the instructions for the ZC702 board and tried to use the given .bit file for programming my ZEDBOARD. However, I receive a connection error  "communication problem attempting the read from board" when I open AMS101 EValuator. So, should I change .bit file by re-building the hardware and re-generating it? 

regards,

Hi @mehmetdemirtas89,

You will need to make your own zedboard project using the linked vivado project here as a loose reference.  Looking closer the previous linked ams101 project used xps/edk.  Use the Digilent board files. Here is a tutorial for installing the board files. Using the  defaultl when doing block automation of zynq processor. Here is a project that uses the zedboard and the FMC-HDMI to see you to use the FMC.

thank you,

Jon

Archived