coorruner II operation

cesar tibocha

Question

Good morning, I work with the Military University Nueva Granada, Bogota Colombia and we acquired several coolrunners II in 2015, I want to ask if the coolrunner II has a maximum of programs, because a case was presented where a student schedules the coolrunner and at the moment of entering a new program does not let him schedule, the student states that he talked to people who work with these cards and told him that the coolrruner reached a maximum of programs and does not let work with more programs. I want to know how true this statement is, I appreciate the help.

2 answers to this question

Hi,

disclaimer (I take it you are not an FPGA engineer): Some of the terminology in your post is fuzzy (there are no "programs", strictly speaking, but I believe I understand what you meant).

Please have a look at this
https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/data_sheets/ds090.pdf
page 14 "quality and reliability parameters", ]

NPE Program/erase cycles (Endurance) 1,000

So the manufacturer guarantees this device can be reprogrammed 1000 times. More, and it may eventually break.

Hi @cesar tibocha,

@xc6lx45's suggestion is definitely something to be aware of, but in addition to that, can you share what version of ISE the student is using to configure/program the Coolrunner II? I don't know what development environment is being used, but I do know that none of the versions of Xilinx's Vivado software will be able to successfully target and configure the Coolrunner II.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived