PmodGyro interface with NI myRio

KaranPatil

Question

Hello everyone I am trying to interface the Pmod Gyroscope with myRio with the code provided in the myRio Project Essentials Guide. I have made connections as per the diagram in the guide and there is no problem with it. When I run the VI, when the sensor is stationary the value of x displacement should be zero and not change but it is incrementing with time even when I am not moving the sensor. You can check the problem in the YouTube link I have shared bellow.

There is no problem with the hardware since I have tried the same program with other gyroscope of same IC.

The program files are attached below.

Please help it is very important for me to get the sensor working ASAP

Video Link: https://youtu.be/dwFc86p1KlA

Connection Diagram:

Connection.JPG.79ac94f516da0e1b7d1bee051d9a0746.JPG

Code: 

Main.vi

Gyroscope demo.aliases

Gyroscope demo.lvlps

Gyroscope demo.lvproj

1 answer to this question

Hi @KaranPatil,

Those of us here on the Digilent Forum haven't worked with the myRio Project Essentials Guide, so we're not super familiar with the material or the code that NI has created.

However, if you take a look at page 96 of the myRIO Project Essentials Guide in the Gyroscope section  you will note that mentions that the gyroscope output contains a non-ideal effect called zero-rate value. What this essentially means is that even when the gyroscope is perfectly stationary (a "zero-rate" input) the output will contain some residual non-zero value which causes the integrator output magnitude to increase indefinitely which is what I suspect you are seeing. Based on section 22.3, it seems that you will need to incorporate the necessary computation to subtract the zero-rate level to your design in order to eliminate this. Again, we have not worked with these VI's so we don't have a lot of recommendations on how to specifically do this; the folks on the NI Forums may have some better recommendations though.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived