Question for my project

NoyE

Question

Hi , my name is Noy and I'm  studying electronic engineering and I'm looking for a wireless chip which include a few led lights on-board for my final project.

My purpose is to use three chips as I mentioned and control each chip individually by one computer/phone. 
Functionality example: I would like to be able to turn on leds on one chip and afterwards blink leds on the second chip (wirelessly)
( I want to try and make it look like it parallel control - modeling smart home) .

In addition, I cannot work with Arduino ( problem with my responsible person..). 

Can I implement this system with WF32 chip?
If not, there is a product which can support my requirements?

Thank you,

Noy.

5 answers to this question

Hi @JColvin,

I read the information in the link you sent, from what is written there it seem I can connect to one computer each time with another board. The board in the link connect to the computer by board's type , but I want 3 same type boards.

How can I make one computer control three boards parallel ?

My idea is to write a block of led's functions for each board, while each block is under condition of id  board ( in order to identify which board will act by his function). 

There is id board thus I can identify one of the boards ? Do you think my idea can implement what I ask for? Or you have another idea? 

Thank you !! 

Noy

Hi @NoyE,

The HTML page is only served up on the IP address of the WF32 which will be will be different for each board; with this each board will have their own associated web page that they host and can then be controlled from. This would not in a single webpage where you can control all three boards, but you could edit the HTML file for each board to make it more readily apparent which board is associated with which page.

Thanks,
JColvin

Thank again @JColvin

I'm not sure I understand how the interface with the board works.

Is HTML the only way to communicate with them? Or can I communicate with them directly with some kind of software (GUI) that I can write?

If HTML is the only way, do you think I can somehow edit an HTML to be able to control more than one board? Otherwise it would be very inconvenient to control them in a parallel manner.

Additionally, it is unclear to me how the HTML interface works, do you have any screenshots that can visualize this for me?

Finally, if you have any additional information sources, it would be a great help.

Thanks,

Noy

Hi @NoyE,

The instructable has a description of the example http server and describes how to connect to the server. Once you've entered the IP address of the specific WF32, it will take you to a landing page of that specific WF32's server. You then click on the Read and Modify Board Pins link to get to the Pin Page. You would have to alter each web server so you can tell which WF32 you are interacting with. This thread is moving into more of a general IoT issue. I did find something that might be helpful with viewing multiple html pages here.

thank you,

Jon

Archived