Board repository path

That_Guy

Question

This seems like a silly question, but I've been told as a rule not to spend more than an hour on a silly problem.

I am getting a healthy couple of warnings in Vivado about the board repository path (see attached). Just a typo, missed a backslash in the path. I've already made sure all Vivado_init.tcl files are correct. The project implements just fine, but I would love it if my warnings were meaningful, and I'd rather not suppress warnings

How would I go about editing the path to resolve the warning?

Cheers

image.png

1 answer to this question

Hi @That_Guy,

I'm not fully sure why you are getting these errors; they indicate that the path specified does not exist on your computer. The confusing bit is that you don't traditionally add XDC files (what your path names seem to indicate) in a permanent fashion in Vivado via scripting like you do board files, those you can place in an arbitrary location on your computer and then select the location when creating a new project and Vivado asks for constraint files.

The board files for Digilent boards (link to location on our GitHub) are installed using the Vivado_init.tcl script as per section 3 of this guide. Alternatively if you aren't planning on having multiple versions of Vivado (the benefit of using the tcl script), you can manually copy and paste the board files into the Vivado directory (for Windows systems, C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2016.4\data\boards\board_files).

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived