First question on here.... [Zybo DDR]

JF_Stephen

Question

OK... I've pored over the forums, and found many questions tangentially related to my topic, yet cannot figure out the answer to my question.

I'm using the *original* Digilent Zybo board, i.e. it has a VGA port. I've used one personally for a while now, but I'm now doing a project at work on a new Zybo.

I cannot, for the life of me, get the DDR to be configured to work properly. I have tried every which way... including a custom memory part but it is all to no avail.

I tried to get around this by using OCM, and it works, but then I could not get the QSPI to flash with my execute in place linker script... something I've done several times for work on the Zedboard.

Can someone please help me with the correct DDR configuration so I can get this out from over my head?

I'm attaching the current DDR configuration... any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

DDR Configuration (1).PNG

1 answer to this question

Hi @JF_Stephen,

Welcome to the forums! If you are using the digilent board files as described in this tutorial then after you run block automation with the default (board file) the DDR3 will be correctly configured. I have attached screen shots of the board file being chosen as well as the ddr configuration after I have ran block automation.

cheers,

Jon

Zybo_DDR_1.jpg

Zybo_DDR_2.jpg

Zybo_DDR_3.jpg

Zybo_DDR_4.jpg

Archived