DMC60 PWM input signal

Jani

Question

Hi,

I have been trying to get this motor controller working but i have not been succesful at it.

I am trying to use this controller to drive a fan with a industrial machine control unit.  A 24V  High side output producing PWM signal with frequency of 300 hz,  with pulse width between 45% to 72%. Worked fine with function generator, although voltage was smaller.  I tried to use resistor divider to lower the voltage of the signal to 4V,5V,10V,12V and so on but it just doesnt want to work.

DCM 60 flickers all of its white and red lights at quite fast rate, and the fan just kicks on and off.

Why is there no info about the desired input signal? How should i even wire those two wires? I  looked up the schematic of this thing and noticed that the pwm input goes to CAN transceiver? How on earth does that work?  Should i take another CAN transceiver and use it as an interface for this?

Just my opinion, but that CAN transceiver as pwm input is just madness, a optocoupler or even PNP transistor would have done the trick for input protection...  Or is there CAN firmware coming so i could use this with CAN instead? :)  That would be cool!

Thanks in advance,

Frustrated engineering student, also known as Jani

1 answer to this question

Hi @Jani,

Here is the reference manual for the DMC60.  Page 4 of the reference manual  in section 5 Connecting the PWM Input Signal and section 7 Input Signal Calibration discusses how to calibrate and use the PWM signal.  On page 4 and 5 and in section 10 Fault Indicators it discusses the led patterns and what they mean. Here is a forum thread that might be helpful.

thank you,

Jon 

Archived