Openscope MZ connect intially to Wifi first

I always have this problem too.

So we need to connect to PC by USB then we can use any mobile device.

Once it is connected and we want to use in the field, it then does not reconnect.

Only after you connect it by USB to wifi.

In this case, how to use in the field using mobile device????

Hi @victagayun,

I have split off your comment from this thread in order to help better separate the questions (since the other one was marked as resolved even though it was a very similar question to yours). I am taking a look into this and asking some of our other engineers much more familiar with the OpenScope MZ and WaveForms Live since when I attempted to do the same thing (connect the OpenScope MZ to a mobile device from a "cold start" after supposedly saving the appropriate WiFi network settings), I am not able to do so.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @victagayun,

I heard back from one of the engineers about this; they took a look into this and were able to replicate this issue. They found that when the OpenScope MZ is not connecting to the WiFi after saving the network data. They found that there is an error associated with this and it is a CF_RECV_DEAUTH error, meaning that the OpenScope MZ was deauthorized by the access point; from what I was told, this is an issue with the radio on the OPenScope MZ where the OPenScope MZ is expected to communicate with the access point in a certain time frame and if it can't the access point deauthorizes it. Thus, the OpenScope MZ receives this when it tries to connect to the network on boot after already having been connected.

What this means in terms of usage is that if the OpenScope MZ hasn't connected to the hotspot since the hotspot has been powered on, the OpenScope should successfully connect. If it was previously connected, and somehow still exists in the device table, it will receive this deauthorization response, so what you could do is power cycle the hotspot (perhaps not the phone entirely) before allowing the OpenScope MZ to connect to it.

The other would like to know what sort of mobile device you are using (i.e. Android based or something else), so that they can hopefully narrow down the issue further since this issue does not occur very frequently upon boot with conventional routers.

Thank you,
JColvin

Archived