Vivado HLS Board Files for the ZyboZ7-20

rzsmi

Question

I am getting starting with Vivado_HLS 2018.2 and the zyboZ7-20 board. When attempting to create a project I find no default setting for the zyboZ7-20 board in the Vivado HLS "Part Selection".

What is the recipe for giving the zyboZ7-20 board information to Vivado HLS? I see there are some examples using Vivado, but none using Vivado HLS.

Being new at this, step-by-step would be very helpful.

Thanks

4 answers to this question

Hello @rzsmi,

If you want to add Zybo Z7 board definition to Vivado HLS , you have browse to your Vivado installation folder. For example, on Windows : C:\Xilinx\Vivado  2017.4\common\config and open the VivadoHls_boards.xml file in notepad++. After this please add the fallowing line and save it :

<board name="Zybo" display_name="ZyboZ7-20" family="zynq" part="xc7z020clg400-1"  device="xc7z010" package="clg400" speedgrade="-1" vendor="digilentinc.com" />

Best Regards,

Bogdan Vanca 

Edited by BogdanVanca

On 10/17/2018 at 4:30 AM, BogdanVanca said:

Hello @rzsmi,

If you want to add Zybo Z7 board definition to Vivado HLS , you have browse to your Vivado installation folder. For example, on Windows : C:\Xilinx\Vivado  2017.4\common\config and open the VivadoHls_boards.xml file in notepad++. After this please add the fallowing line and save it :

<board name="Zybo" display_name="ZyboZ7-20" family="zynq" part="xc7z020clg400-1"  device="xc7z010" package="clg400" speedgrade="-1" vendor="digilentinc.com" />

Best Regards,

Bogdan Vanca 

BogdanVanca's solution worked for me as well. For the Pynq-Z1 board, I added the line:

<board name="Xilinx_PYNQ-Z1" display_name="Xilinx PYNQ-Z1" family="zynq" part="xc7z020clg400-1"  device="xc7z020" package="clg400" speedgrade="-1" vendor="pynq.io" />

This procedure does not work for Vitis HLS... I know that what really matters for the HLS process is the FPGA part, but it would be nice to configure the Board. Vivado 2021 let you download Digilent board files directly from the part selection, but Vitis does not have this feature. The /data/boards/board_files is also absent in this version.

I just found the solution. The board files structure is a bit different in the 2021 version. I am using Ubuntu OS and the easiest way for me was:

1 - Download the board files using Vivado (at the end of any Vivado project creation). 

2 - Copy the board folder  from

/home/<USER>/.Xilinx/Vivado/2021.1/xhub/board_store/xilinx_board_store/XilinxBoardStore/Vivado/2021.1/boards/Digilent

to

/<XILINX_PATH>/Xilinx/Vivado/2021.1/data/xhub/boards/XilinxBoardStore/boards/Xilinx