rzsmi

Vivado HLS Board Files for the ZyboZ7-20

Question

I am getting starting with Vivado_HLS 2018.2 and the zyboZ7-20 board. When attempting to create a project I find no default setting for the zyboZ7-20 board in the Vivado HLS "Part Selection".

What is the recipe for giving the zyboZ7-20 board information to Vivado HLS? I see there are some examples using Vivado, but none using Vivado HLS.

Being new at this, step-by-step would be very helpful.

Thanks

2 answers to this question

Hello @rzsmi,

If you want to add Zybo Z7 board definition to Vivado HLS , you have browse to your Vivado installation folder. For example, on Windows : C:\Xilinx\Vivado  2017.4\common\config and open the VivadoHls_boards.xml file in notepad++. After this please add the fallowing line and save it :

<board name="Zybo" display_name="ZyboZ7-20" family="zynq" part="xc7z020clg400-1"  device="xc7z010" package="clg400" speedgrade="-1" vendor="digilentinc.com" />

Best Regards,

Bogdan Vanca 

Edited by BogdanVanca

On 10/17/2018 at 4:30 AM, BogdanVanca said:

Hello @rzsmi,

If you want to add Zybo Z7 board definition to Vivado HLS , you have browse to your Vivado installation folder. For example, on Windows : C:\Xilinx\Vivado  2017.4\common\config and open the VivadoHls_boards.xml file in notepad++. After this please add the fallowing line and save it :

<board name="Zybo" display_name="ZyboZ7-20" family="zynq" part="xc7z020clg400-1"  device="xc7z010" package="clg400" speedgrade="-1" vendor="digilentinc.com" />

Best Regards,

Bogdan Vanca 

BogdanVanca's solution worked for me as well. For the Pynq-Z1 board, I added the line:

<board name="Xilinx_PYNQ-Z1" display_name="Xilinx PYNQ-Z1" family="zynq" part="xc7z020clg400-1"  device="xc7z020" package="clg400" speedgrade="-1" vendor="pynq.io" />