Import Saved Logic Data into Patterns

Kabron

Question

4 answers to this question

Hi @Kabron

The data can be exported from Logic Analyzer under File menu or automated withView/Logging.
Export source can be acquisition, which stands for each added signal/bus/other interpreters, just on of these, or raw captured data...
In patterns you can import data for individual signals or entire bus.

You can also use Script to set the custom pattern from logic data like this:
Patterns1.Channels.Bus.custom = Logic1.Channels.Bus.data

In default device configuration the Analyzer has 4k sample buffer and the Patterns 1k.
You can select the 4th device configuration to have 16k for both, Settings/Device Manager

image.png.cc9da35fa680daa1f004f034ca80897d.png

image.png.3919313f60d402e990b5639bdcf4b435.png

image.png.42e7797d23637ebeb2cfd423bd450386.png

image.png.48b978fcd0eeefa430bf68801ca2d441.png

image.png.dfacf60696ad398bcdf8aec5cb6d8685.png

image.png.210800625ec7d85cfd7d96ae6d8415ad.png

image.png.1b0b9116af79ce8740a0b8be4aea512f.png

Thanks for answer, attila.

As a test I select VGA demo example(https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/instrumentation/tutorials/decoding-vga-signals-with-logic-analyzer/start)

It already contains captured Logic data. First I try to reproduce script variant.

But none of below combination works:

Patterns1.Channels.Blue.custom = Logic1.Channels.Blue.data
Error in line: 1
TypeError: Result of expression 'Patterns1.Channels.Blue' [undefined] is not an object.

Patterns1.Channels.Bus.custom = Logic1.Channels.Blue.data
TypeError: Result of expression 'Patterns1.Channels.Bus' [undefined] is not an object.

So, it is not obvious what is the correct sintax.

Renaming Blue to Bus in Logic and using exactly yours notation also returns an error.

Patterns1.Channels.Bus.custom = Logic1.Channels.Bus.data

TypeError: Result of expression 'Patterns1.Channels.Bus' [undefined] is not an object.

Well,

I realize that Bus object must exists in Patterns instrument panel. In that case I got no errors executing script, but also no data in Patterns Bus.

Second revelation: type of Bus in Patterns instrument panel must be Custom.

I got something in Patterns Bus, but it is simply meandr nothing similar to data in Logic Blue bus.

What I want to say with this long narration.
It is not simple at all to adjust passing data from Logic to Patterns in one step, despite they are mirror opposite instruments. And you need to made a huge  ammount of action to pass data from Logic to Patterns. And you have to repeat it for each signal.
What I meant from the very beginning: the project file format .dwf3logic must be compartible for direct importing into Patterns(I guess it's allready ready for it). And option Import must exist in File menu of Patterns.

And you can do the work(import all signals names and data) with one click. Or some other idea for solving the problem.

Archived