USB libraries for the Pro MX7

jfrenzel

Question

I have an old Cerebot MX7ck board that should be identical to the current Pro MX7 board. The PDF documentation for my board mentions that Digilent has USB libraries that can be used to develop both USB device and USB host applications, built upon a custom version of the Microchip Applications Library, and that they can be downloaded from the product page on the Digilent web site.

However, the Resource Center page for the Pro MX7 only has two tutorials, neither of which looks appropriate.

Are these libraries somewhere on GitHub?

4 answers to this question

Hi @jfrenzel,

I believe the USB libraries are available on the right hand side of Pro MX7 Resource Center under Documentation in the Microchip Agreement for the Network Shield. While I agree this is intuitive, this will let you download the "chipkit_network_and_usb_libs-20159115.zip" which contains the USB libraries that are mentioned in the Reference Manual.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thanks,
JColvin

Thanks Jon. What's the difference between the Microchip MAL and the Digilent libraries mentioned on p. 14 of the Reference Manual?

The Microchip Applications Library, MAL, available on the Microchip web site contains USB driver code for implementing either USB host devices or USB function devices. This library contains numerous examples demonstrating both device and host operation of PIC32 microcontrollers. With minor modification or configuration, these reference designs are suitable to use for developing USB firmware for the DigilentPro MX7 board.

Digilent has USB libraries available that can be used to develop both USB device and USB host applications when using the board with the MPIDE development environment.  These libraries are built on a custom version of the Microchip Applications Library and can be downloaded from the Digilent Pro MX7 product page on the Digilent web site.

Archived