Installation Arduino IDE failed

Markus

Question

Hi,

I am trying to install Arduino IDE with the Digilent Core on a Windows 10 machine. I've tried different Versions from 1.6.8 to 1.9beta.

When I try to use the Additional Boards Manager URL it fails at the Signature check. If I install it manually the IDE is not able to find "/bin/pic32-g++.exe".

Where do I have to put the files under "chipkit-core" ? Is there a working json-file for automatic installation ?

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks for help

Markus

6 answers to this question

Hi Jon,

I tried IDE 1.6.9 and the Link mentioned in your linked Tutorial but the json-File didn't work. The IDE sais it is a wrong Signature. It seems to be my personal problem because nobody else posted about it.

Yesterday I installed UEC IDE and it seems to compile but I think it has to work with the Arduino IDE.

Thank you for your help.

Hi @Markus,

I believe the problem here is that json gets ignored due to a certificate error. 
You can try removing manually the cached jsons in

C://Users/youruser/AppData/Arduino15/ if you are on Windows

/Users/youruser/Library/Arduino15/ if you are on Mac

~/.arduino15/ if you are on Linux

thank you,

Jon

Hi Jon,

I removed the jsons at the path you mentioned but I get the error again. Here is my Error:

Fehler beim Herunterladen von https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/digilent/Software/Digilent_Core/package_digilent_index.json
 package_index.json Dateisignaturprüfung fehlgeschlagen
java.lang.RuntimeException: cc.arduino.contributions.SignatureVerificationFailedException: package_index.json Dateisignaturprüfung fehlgeschlagen
	at cc.arduino.contributions.packages.ui.ContributionManagerUI.lambda$onUpdatePressed$19(ContributionManagerUI.java:151)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: cc.arduino.contributions.SignatureVerificationFailedException: package_index.json Dateisignaturprüfung fehlgeschlagen
	at cc.arduino.contributions.packages.ContributionsIndexer.parseIndex(ContributionsIndexer.java:84)
	at processing.app.BaseNoGui.initPackages(BaseNoGui.java:599)
	at processing.app.Base$9.onIndexesUpdated(Base.java:1307)
	at cc.arduino.contributions.packages.ui.ContributionManagerUI.lambda$onUpdatePressed$19(ContributionManagerUI.java:149)

I use the IDE 1.6.9 on Windows 10

Thanks

Markus

Hi @Markus,

I don't recall if I had this exact issue with the certificates, but I recall having an issue in the past where I wasn't able to get the Digilent Core installed/working properly on my computer either. What I ended up doing (I don't know if it'll be the same solution for you) was uninstalling the Arduino IDE and then also deleting the Arduino15 folder from the local AppData (Users->yourName->AppData->Local).

As an additional question, what is your default browser that you are using? I'm personally using Firefox and know other people have downloaded it successfully with Chrome, so if you're using something different, maybe that would cause the File Signature Verification Failed error? I don't know this for certain though.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived