Analog Discovery Troubleshooting

jonathanmartin2020

Question

Howdy,

I recently purchased an Digilent Analog Discovery 2, out of the box I received:image.png.e8cc65c06fa032765799d7e7ea81d64a.png

I proceeded to spend the next week, trying different USB cables, using different ports, using different USB hubs, using, installing and working with everything. Nothing would work, I and other engineers couldn't find what was wrong. If there is a web page about this, we have read it. Dozens of people order the same device, and all of there devices will function perfectly on my computer & my device will not function whatsoever on anyone else's computer. Which made us all believe it was a device issue, not a software issue.

Two weeks later, after I've contacted NI and am going to return it, I decided to check (just because I don't want to pay the You sent use a working device and said it was broken fee) and it worked! I did nothing, it just worked.

Today, (4 weeks into purchasing this device) it generates the same error, however here are the events that occured.

My laptop was functioning, it went into sleep mode/shutdown with the device plugged in.  There was an abrupt disconnection with the device, once I restarted my laptop, the device was failing to connect.

I've since resets ports, tried different cables, other people have tried it, everything. Nothing will make it function. 

Other then waiting two weeks to see what just "happens" I need suggestions on if I should sent it back, or if this problem has existed before. 

Sorry for the long post, Thank you for any help!

3 answers to this question

@JColvin Yes sir, I have tried this device on other computers and it will not function on any of them.

As to if I cannot see it in the device manager.  The device will show up, in the waveform software & USB connections in the device manager, but it gives no response. 

I hope this confirms your thoughts! 

Thank you for your help! 

Archived