Schematics of Zedboard using NXP's PMIC MMPF0100

Nishitha

Question

Good day!

I am designing a board that uses Zynq 7000 SoC and I came across a power management solution from NXP (MMPF0100) that might be the best fit for my application. I would like to understand the entire functionality of the PMIC. NXP had used this PMIC with Zedboard as a design example but haven't shared the entire schematic of the Zedboard using the PMIC anywhere. I request you to share the schematics of Zedboard with MMPF0100 and also the PCB design files, if available.

Nishitha

4 answers to this question

Hi @Nishitha,

Here is the public schematic for the Zedboard. The programming circuit in the Zedboard design is considered propitiatory and intentionally left blank in the schematic. We do not share the PCB design files publicly. To discuss the PCB files and the propitiatory part of the schematic further you will need to contact "support dot digilent at ni dot com". 

cheers,

Jon

@jpeyron,

Please refer the link: https://www.nxp.com/files-static/analog/doc/app_note/AN4991.pdf. In this link, you can find that they have provided the schematics of NXP's PMIC that has been used in Zedboard in pages 20, 21 and 22, but not the entire schematics of Zedboard using this PMIC.
This is the datasheet of the part: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/MMPF0100.pdf 
Nishitha

Hi @Nishitha,

Unfortunately, those of us here at Digilent are not familiar with this NXP board and have not done any work with it so we are not able to provide these details that you have requested. As stated in the application note you linked to, it is intended to address the ability to provide an optimal solution to the power requirements of a Zynq-7000 based system, not an existing solution that is present on Zedboards specifically and endorsed by Digilent.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thank you,
JColvin

Archived