echo_server

Arjun

Question

can anyone  please tell me which variable or function is responsible for receiving and echo back the received frame or packet,

i am using echo server code  from sdk , i read and analysis this code but i am getting any satisfactory results ,,,

i am working on zybo zynq board , i am attaching main.c and echo.c file ,,, please find attachment ,,,,

Thanks

Arjun

ethernet_main.c.pdf

ethernet_echo.c.pdf

6 answers to this question

57 minutes ago, jpeyron said:

Hi @Arjun,

I have attached an altered echo.c. This altered file does not echo the text but rather checks the entered text for two specific strings. If the echo.c receives one of those strings then it sends a pre-set text back.

thank you,

Jon

echo.txt

Thank-you ,,JON ,

its really helpfull for me ,

On 9/27/2018 at 8:23 PM, jpeyron said:

Hi @Arjun,

I have attached an altered echo.c. This altered file does not echo the text but rather checks the entered text for two specific strings. If the echo.c receives one of those strings then it sends a pre-set text back.

thank you,

Jon

echo.txt

Hi, JON

i know that the p->payload is responsible for receiving data (Temperature)at zybo zynq ps side ,

but i am not able to identify which variable is sending data(The Temperature is ) from zybo zynq ps side to PC, can you please tell me this thing.

Thank-you

Arjun.

On 11/13/2018 at 12:57 AM, jpeyron said:

Hi @Arjun,

You should look at the tcp_write() function. It is using the tpcb variable. Like this line of code below

err = tcp_write(tpcb, "Unsupported Command\n\r",strlen("Unsupported Command\n\r"), 1);

cheers,

Jon

Hi, JON

when i was using tpcb variable in xil_printf , i got something different, like if we are Receiving" Temperature", then "The Temperature is "should be Tx from zybo side, but  this is not happening, i am attaching file , please focus on Tx data...

Screenshot_20181124-234052.jpg

tcp.pdf

Hi @Arjun,

The tcp_write function is used to send data through the ethernet. I looks like you are trying to use a variable used in sending data through the ethernet and trying to send the data through the uart. I would suggest looking at this tutorial for setting up the ethernet and uart connections.

thank you,

Jon

Archived