jma_1

Analog Discovery 2 - multiple functions simultaneous?

Question

Greetings,

I am having difficulty using both the protocol or script and logic instruments.  When I start logic, it stops immediately when I exercise the read/write on I2C Master Protocol.  The same behavior happens with a quick script I have for writing and reading I2C.  However, when I use the scope, I can capture the signals at the same time.  I'm using DIO 7 & 15 for the logic and DIO 0 & 1 for I2C protocol.  Any suggestions?  Thank you.

Cheers,
JMA

4 answers to this question

Hi @jma_1

See the help of the application:
The Protocol interface uses the device Digital Pattern Generator and Logic Analyzer resources to transfer data using UART, SPI, and I2C protocols.
When the Debug option is enabled, the Logic Analyzer can be used to investigate the signals. In this case, the Protocol instrument will not receive data, it will only send data.

Sorry - what is the 'debug' option?  Is this the 'debug' control inside the script window (debug, run, stop, abort)?  

J - 

Hi @jma_1

The "Debug" mode is in the upper right corner of the Protocol window.
In case you need DIO lines for other purposes, uncheck the Clock stretching since this option would use by default DIO 0-9 on Analog Discovery.

image.thumb.png.c6e6b27dac9736fa8b640e661fe7e2fc.png