Can I control the voltage output of an Analog Discovery 2 via MATLAB

QuaternionGang

Question

I wish to use the Analog Discovery 2 as a power supply for a set up which will involve variable currents through a helmholtz coil configuration in order to model the Upper Atmosphere's Magnetic Field. I will be running a real time model in Simulink that will contain values of the magnetic field in several directions. I have the coils set up so that a known current, and thus voltage, should be able to create the magnetic field in the center, which will be detected by a magnetometer. I would like to send the Simulink values to the Analog discovery to alter the voltage output of the Analog Discovery accordingly so that the current in the coil setup can vary in real time, thus spoofing the magnetic field for the magnetometer. Is this something that is possible with the Analog Discovery 2.

2 answers to this question

Hi @QuaternionGang

I just notice the Analog Discovery 2 is also supported by MatLab.
https://www.mathworks.com/hardware-support/digilent-analog-discovery.html

Unfortunately I don't have MatLab installed to try it out.

In case you need more features than this "Data Acquisition Toolbox support package for Analog Discovery" provides you can use the WaveForms SDK to control the Analog Discovery 1 & 2, Electronics Explorer, Digital Discovery.

Archived