analog discovery 2 not connected crashes LabVIEW 2017 on Linux

sharkcow

Question

Hi all,

when I run the attached code (simple use of AD2 MSO) without an AD2 connected, my Linux LabVIEW crashes. On windows (32bit, LV 17.0.1 32bit) I get an "error 1064", something about an exception accessing external library DWF MSO Initialize.vi:1680001. On Linux (64bit, LV 17.0.1 64bit), LabVIEW just crashes silently. If I start the code with AD2 connected and unplug it while the program is running, I can easily catch the error in Linux. Can anyone shed some light on what's going on? Obviously it's vital for my Linux project to handle the situation of a missing AD2 at startup correctly.

Thanks,

sharkcow

AD2_test.vi

3 answers to this question

Hi @sharkcow,

I'm not sure if the demos that we have for using the Analog Discovery 2 and LabVIEW (tutorials here and here) are designed or tested to work with LabVIEW 2017 since the materials use either LabVIEW 2014 or LabVIEW 2016. Otherwise, I presume that you have WaveForms installed as well as the LabVIEW driver for the Analog Discovery 2 (link)?

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi JColvin,

thank you for your answer. WaveForms 3.8.2 and adept runtime 2.18.3 are correctly installed, my code runs fine as long as my AD2 is connected. The problem only occurs if the LabVIEW code is started when AD2 is not connected (also holds true for the Labforms2.0.vi you linked to). The crash occurs in the first call of any AD2 library (e.g. in the library call "niVB_MSO_Initialize" in "DigilentWF.lvlib:DWF MSO Initialize.vi" in the example provided in my first post), so I suspect a problem in the driver library. I would be very surprised if that depended on the LabVIEW version...

Do you have access to people who are responsible for the driver development to investigate?

Thanks!

sharkcow

Archived