PMOD AD5 with Zedboard

Eesha

Hello ,

I have been working with PMOD AD5 to convert the signals from 3 different sensors voltage,temperature and luminance to obtain the required data for my device  through 3 analog input channels  .Inorder to identify the  channel from which the data is obtained  I need to access the status register..I mean the last 4 bits..but I don't know how to do that...It would be really helpful if you could let me know..

Hi @Eesha,

Here is the datasheet that has register information. Have you looked into the Pmod AD5 IP Core that works with the ZYNQ processor? The PmodAD5.c and the PmodAD5.h and the main.c show how to write to the registers and read the data.  Here is the Getting Started with Digilent Pmod IPs that shows how to use the Pmod AD5 IP Core. Also make sure you are using the digilent board files as described here.

thank you,

Jon

Hello sir,

Thank you for replying .I have gone through the datasheet and also the codes available.But for my application I need to access the status register to know the channel that is selected for conversion.But in the PMOD.c file,there is a code to read data register.But that data content is directly mapped to my logic through miso line.I tried the technique used to read data reg  to read status reg by replacing the byte(0) as 0x40 and then reading  byte(1) but the code isn't working..

Archived