zedboard mig core question

conanandai100

Question

Hi,

I am trying to build a wifi communication between Zedboard and Raspberry Pi. I referred to this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=KTeTMv3oiPw. At the very beginning, I encountered an issue when building customize the MIG core.

The target is set to digilent Zedboard (xc7z020clg484-1).

I have added the board library.

There is no memory selection under the board, so I tried to initialize the MIG by myself. Then in the constraints section, I cannot find the corresponding pins according to the schematic.

I would like to know if there is any way to solve it. Thanks a lot!

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

3 answers to this question

Hi @conanandai100,

Could you attach a screen shot of your block design, wrapper and xdc file. Are you using the Zynq processor? Here is a xilinx forum thread discussing the mig on a zynq development board. The DDR3 is connected directly to the Zynq processor and is configured with the board files.  Here is a zedboard demo that uses the zynq processor and the DDR3.

thank you,

Jon

ZYNQ.jpg

Hi @jpeyron,

Thank you for your reply. Honestly I am new for zynq board. I am trying to get started from Microblaze that I am more familiar with and easy to follow with the wifi demo. Since Zynq processor includes the DDR3 SDRAM controller already, that is much more straightforward. I will remove the mig core then. Thanks again for the advice!

Best,

Conan

Capture.PNG

Hi @conanandai100,

Glad to hear that you are going to use the ZYNQ processor instead of microblaze. Using  microblaze on a ZYNQ development board is more complicated than on an Artix -7 or spartan 7 FPGA due to many of the components are directly connected to the ZYNQ processor as shown in the attached image above. 

thank you,

Jon

Archived