IP used in Zybo-Z7 MIPI Pcam 5C demo

jge64

Question

I assume the MIPI IP is already used in the demo. What is the IP?

Is it from Xilinx (MIPI CSI Controller Subsystems)? as https://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/ef-di-mipi-csi-rx.html

--but it is stated that the IP is targeted to Kintex-7 and Zynq UltraScale, Not to the Zynq-7010/20 as used on the Zybo-Z7?

--anyone familar with the license terms and the pricing? (site-based or for each device installed?)

Or is it from the NorthWest Logic?

-- which stated as targeted for Zynq-7000 (as used on hte Zybo-z7).

--anyone familiar with the license terms and pricing?

Thanks,

9 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, jpeyron said:

Hi @jge64,

The Zybo-Z7 Demo made for Vivado 2017.4  uses the  MIPI CSI-2 Receiver as well as the MIPI_D_PHY_RX_0.  I do not believe these  IP Cores have a cost. I have attached a screen shot of the demo's block design. 

thank you,

Jon

MIPI_CSI_question.jpg

But from the IP cata

Thanks,

But from the IP catalog, if the IPs are from Xilinx, they are labled as 'Purchase':

image.thumb.png.3db48108367cea29042c3b8c2f899a35.png

Hi @Esti.A,

Can you be more specific? 

The Vivado library branch here has the updated  MIPI_D_PHY_RX and MIPI_CSI_2_RX.  These IP Cores were updated by the creator of these IP cores and should work are described in this forum thread here. Here is a forum thread that discusses some of the difference between Digilent's MIPI_D_PHY_RX  and MIPI_CSI_2_RX IP Cores and those that are available for purchase.

best regards,

Jon

Archived