zynq ps and conventional miccroprocessor

Arjun

Question

3 answers to this question

Hello @Arjun,

A conventional microprocessor is an IC which has only the CPU inside, without RAM, ROM, or any others peripherals. If you check this link on page 5 :http://www.ioe.nchu.edu.tw/Pic/CourseItem/4468_20_Zynq_Architecture.pdf you will found out that, aside the dual arm cortex processor, the processing system of the Zynq architecture has a lots of other peripherals. 

Best Regards,

Bogdan Vanca

hi Bogdanvanca , thanks for reply, and your reply is very helpful for me,,.zynq_ps_ethernet.thumb.png.c8b8b77912e06ce9a6a8aa36ef21c71f.png

can you please tell me one thing --

i want to use ethernet controller , i dont want to use PL side of zynq , i am attaching photo of block design, please find it from attachment .

i have generated bitsream successfully , now i want to write a C code in SDK for transferring data(like i want to transfer a=5,b=7,c=8) from PC to ZYBO board using ethernet .

so how to initialize ethernet controller while writing a C code...which instruction i have to use for this particular case...any hint if can you give me then it will be very helpful for me.

Thanks

Best Regards

Arjun

Hi @Arjun,

We do not have a demo/tutorial for using the ethernet other than the echo server as shown here. In the Vivado/SDK 2018.2 there are multiple LWiP applications that look like a good place to start. There is a known issue with Vivado/SDK 2018.2 dealing with the xadapter.c that is discussed and has a solution here.

cheers,

Jon

Archived