Waveforms, unintential function generator Output

Ste_Trat

Question

Hi,

I just added a function generator amplifier to my AD2, and i recognized the following:

- When everything is hooked up (function gen + 21W lamp for testing) and i start waveforms, it seems that the output of the AD2 goes unwanted high. (There is some current drawn from the power supply at the same time)

- The same thing happens:

-when you click in the close window button on the top rigth corner when the window pops up that asks you to save the current workspace. but in this case the current drops much slower. (as seen on the power supply)

Waveforms Version 3.8.2 64-bit Windows 10

2 answers to this question

Hi @Ste_Trat

The Wavegen (AWG) outputs of Analog Discovery (1 & 2) might show a spike during software connect/disconnect. To protect the possibly sensitive circuit make sure to attach the wires  only after you have connected and configured the device from the application.

Analog Discovery 1:

image.png

image.png

image.png

Analog Discovery 2:

image.png

image.png

image.png

To reduce such connect/disconnect spikes select the "Keep device running on close" option in WaveForms beta v3.8.9
For custom WF SDK applications use dwf.FDwfParamSet(DwfParamKeepOnClose, c_int(1)) before calling the dwf.FDwfDeviceOpen function.
With this option checked the spikes will be present on first connection after power up or when changing the device configuration.

image.png.9067cb08ad807fcd7e16a10fd39bb4fd.png

Archived