AD2 Device configuration failed error

garryf

Question

Hi-- I purchased qty 11 AD2's back in January 2018 and just now tried them all out in one of our classes here at the University. 10 work fine but one does not connect?

I get the following error

image.png.e43948d6b2e70e2be3d8a40c5133ca54.png

I have tried different cables-computers-power supply & powered usb hub all to no avail so it is definitely something with AD2? Please Let me know what I should do.

We are using the latest Waveforms.

I am also going to order power supplies for these as they can be power hogs and the usb cannot handle that.

Thanks

garry

3 answers to this question

Thanks for moving the post. I had seen this post previously also but my problem is this AD2 was brand new out of the box turned on, plugged in first time and I get that error consistantly. So I wonder if it was ever tested before it left the factory? Also the thread above noted the problem but did not give a solution. Anyway I am dead in the water as far as this AD2 is concerned. The other 10 work fine. I did order power supplies for them.

Thanks

garry

Hi @garryf

Each device passes through testing and calibration procedure which adjusts the offset and gain for each Scope, AWG channel and supplies, and makes sure that each parameter covers the specifications.

On this device it might be a cold solder on ADC IC (ID is not read correctly) or more likely on the internal analog power supply line. I have see a similar issue more than a year ago...

For warranty and replacement please contact support at digilentinc dot com specifying the Date of Purchase, Seller and Purchase Order/ Web order Number.

Archived