no v

Question

We are suppose to add a library from here: https://github.com/Digilent/vivado-library/releases

and add it to the projects IP repository list to be able to add the block in the IP Integrator.

I have checked all the releases and i cant find the Pmod NIC100 anywhere, i think its called PmodNIC, but correct me if am wrong because i haven't seen it anywhere anyway.

Until i find this IP, the Pmod is just another paperweight on my desk along with my stalled project, Please help.

I am using the Arty A7: Artix-7 FPGA Development Board.

3 answers to this question

Hi @no v,

What are you trying to do with your project? Is your project able to use a slower form of communication like the usb uart instead of the Pmod NIC100? Here is a forum post that discusses using the Pmod NIC100. We have not had the opportunity to develop the IP core for the Pmod NIC100. Unfortunately, the staff on the Digilent forums usually do not respond to posts on the weekends.

thank you,

Jon

4 hours ago, jpeyron said:

Hi @no v,

What are you trying to do with your project? Is your project able to use a slower form of communication like the usb uart instead of the Pmod NIC100? Here is a forum post that discusses using the Pmod NIC100. We have not had the opportunity to develop the IP core for the Pmod NIC100. Unfortunately, the staff on the Digilent forums usually do not respond to posts on the weekends.

thank you,

Jon

The project involves a custom network device, the extra Ethernet is essential.

Thank you for responding, but, you guys realize that its significantly harder to work with the Pmod NIC100 without the IP core, right?, its a whole another world to get into Just to get this thing to work and not to mention the delay it will put on projects, AT LEAST do the ethical part and mention that on the product's page so we wouldn't buy it and ship it across the world (and it isnt cheap) to end up with a brick.

question solved i guess?

Archived