How to mange custom scope measurements

TerryF

Question

Hello,

Learning to create/manage custom scope measurements in Waveforms for the AD2.  So far I have created a couple of custom measurements but do not understand how/what is actually going on regarding how they are managed.  Any help would be appreciated.

Here are the steps I took to create a custom measurement:

• Added the "stock" Custom Channel measurement
  • Modified it
  • Changed its name to Capacitor Value
  • Saved the script in a directory as a txt file

Subsequently:

• Modified the measurement script (Capacitor Value) some more
  • Changed its name to CapVal
  • Saved the updated script txt file

Here is where I am  confused:

• When I go to the Custom Measurement drop down menu is see BOTH custom measurement scripts listed.  I had assumed that when I changed the measurement name and saved the modified script by overwriting the script text file that there would be no trace of the original script - but this is not the case.

AddMeasurementSnip.PNG.2a62b28516b7f6f2c03ebb6640c86ecb.PNG 

QUESTIONS:

• How/where are custom measurements saved?  Are custom measurement scripts they stored internal to Waveforms based on their name in the measurement editor window?
  • What does the script->save menu do - let you save for off-line editing only?
  • How do you remove custom measurement scripts from the "add measurement" menu?
  • What is the correct way for creating and managing custom measurement scripts?
  • Is there documentation/resources that already exist that can be referred to?

Again, any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

TerryF

1 answer to this question

Hi @TerryF

- How/where are custom measurements saved?  Are custom measurement scripts they stored internal to Waveforms based on their name in the measurement editor window?
Yes. The custom measurements are saved/loaded with the workspace.

- What does the script->save menu do - let you save for off-line editing only?
Yes.

- How do you remove custom measurement scripts from the "add measurement" menu?
At the moment there is no way to implicitly remove one, but creating a new workspace (main WaveForms window New button) the custom list get cleared.

- What is the correct way for creating and managing custom measurement scripts?
The measurements are part of the workspace, but you can also save or copy/paste them into other documents to have them for reference.

- Is there documentation/resources that already exist that can be referred to?
See the Help of the application, Help tab or Help/Browse.

Archived