Ethernet on Arty Z7-20

Antonio Fasano

Question

Good Morning, Gentlemen,

I am truing to fet the application "Ethernet Echo" to work on the Arty Z7-20. 

Vivado 2018.1 says I need to add Ethernet MAC IP to the project.

The only Ethernet IP I find in the repository is 10G Ethernet MAC but when I run connection automation, some clock lines are left unconnected.

vivado then complains some clocks are missing when I try to generate biststream.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks

Antonio

Brazil

3 answers to this question

Hey Antonio,

I am not sure about that IP but you can look over lwIP: https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1026.pdf. lwIP server demo is included in the examples that came with Vivado SDK. 

Maybe someone can help you fix the connection with your first IP. If not, this might help accomplish what you want.

Best regards,

Bianca

@Antonio Fasano,

I am truing to fet the application "Ethernet Echo" to work on the Arty Z7-20. Vivado 2018.1 says I need to add Ethernet MAC IP to the project. 

I looked up the Arty Z7-20 and saw that the PS has a 1G Ethernet as hard macro. You should be able to use that. Otherwise in the Pl side, you can also instantiate the Xilinx TEMAC core using the Hardware Evaluation License.

The only Ethernet IP I find in the repository is 10G Ethernet MAC but when I run connection automation, some clock lines are left unconnected.

You cannot use the above on the Arty Z7-20, your board will not support it, there is no equivalent PHY!

Archived