ZYBO lwIP Implementation

Troy

Question

3 answers to this question

Hello Troy,

Xilinx has an implementation of a lwIP echo server that is available for the Zybo right in the SDK application. You can create a simple Zynq processor project in Vivado; just make sure that you enable the Ethernet peripheral in the processor settings. The project is available in Vivado SDK as a template when you create a new Application Project. Hit next after you've given your project a name and specified what board support package you will be using (or creating) and you'll see the template underneath the Hello World template.

I hope this helps you,
Andrew

I have Lwip running OK on bare metal using SDK 2016.3.  With SDK 2016.2 and 2014.4 LwIp would only run meaningfully if the cache was disabled see https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Welcome-Join/Zybo-lwip-echo-server-failed/m-p/735344#M41600

Another issue is the WARNING message emitted by the Xilinx adapter regarding the RealTek PHY see https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Welcome-Join/LWIP-PHY-initialisation-sequence-Warning/m-p/732708 It would be a good thing if Digilent / RealTek / Xilinx did the necessary V&V to address both the message and any potential issue

I have not suceeded in getting iperf to work with the Xapp1026 code.  Possibly finger trouble, also I note that the pdf was upissued on 21st inst.  For me not a priority - although knowledge of success with SDK 2016.3 and iperf3 might stiffen my fingertips.  Also, I have been unable to find any documentation of iperf messages / internals, beyond the code.

However, ping telnet UDP Tx & Rx (at 6 Mby/s of RTP stream) all work and I have observed (on wiresharc) useful (44 Mby/s) quantities of TCP hurled at iperf by a Zybo, but no progress reports from iperf.  In summary LWIP probably works to a first order, except for Xapp1026 & iperf.

Assistance in resolving the WARNING issues in particular would be appreciated

Martin

Archived