LabVIEW Home Edition Activation Problem

Martin Foxx

Question

National Instruments provides three options to activate their products: automatic, manual, and telephone. When I use the first one, the program asks for my NI account; when I provide that information it clears both text boxes and loops back to repeat the request without any explanation. When I try to activate the package manually on NI.com, the form includes a mandatory entry for the operating system. Unfortunately the dropdown box is empty and you cannot progress any further. Finally, when you call NI you discover that the telephone activation system is gone and their representative tells you to go to Digilent to activate the software. Is there anybody else experiencing this problem?

2 answers to this question

Hi Martin Foxx,

My first guess (although I'm sure you already tested this, but just for the sake of completeness) is that the NI Account information was entered incorrectly. Presuming that's not the case, I also saw that the Operating System dropdown box was also empty. Luckily, I tried switching to another language via it's own dropdown box in the upper right corner and it auto-filled the OS for me. You can then switch back to English and keep the OS box filled in. So basically, it looks like a small bug on their website.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived