PMOD in Zedboard.

hazzaz

Question

Hi,

I am working on zedboard. But I am a novice. So The question might be so silly. I am working on a project in my lab that required to access the PMOD in zedboard. And this must be in simulink. I want to take a digital data through a PMOD (as JA1, JB1 etc) and again send it back through another PMOD. The design must be in simulink and I am using the workflow adviser process. I tried to connect the external signal by a simulink model having only one input and output. But its not working. So how can I configure PMOD in simulink to work as required?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

6 answers to this question

Hi hazzaz, 

From my understanding, it is MathWorks that provides Simulink support for the ZedBoard, and I personally haven't tried to deploy MatLab (or any of its tools) to a Digilent board. I guess I would try following the video series on MathWorks to see how they get a Simulink model up and running on a Zynq chip. Videos 2, 3, and 4 of that series on are the right side of the page under 'Related Videos and Webinars'.

Thanks,
JColvin

Thank you JColvin.

I appreciate your advise. I have already seen all the videos. But In those videos they used internal input and LED as output. But in my case I want to configure the PMOD as input and another PMOD as output. But this is not happening. So do you have any suggestion that how can I configure the PMOD in simulink and deploy that model using HDL workflow adviser?

Thank you again in advance.

Hi hazzaz,

So this is out of the scope of what Digilent does, but here is what I found. Around the 3:06 minute mark in the fourth video, you will see that when they pick the AXI4LITE interface from the dropdown menu for "Target Platform Interfaces" you will notice at the bottom of the dropdown list there are the various Pmod ports listed which you can select.

So for your project, what you would need to do is create your own custom 'block' within Simulink that performs whatever process you want on an input and then sends the result to an output. Once you have your block, you will be able to choose different Pmod ports for your input and output (or 'inport' and 'outport' as they listed).

Unfortunately, that is as far as my understanding of what you would need to do goes.

Thanks,
JColvin

Thanks JColvin.

I have tried the same way you mentioned. I could configure the PMOD as output well when I am giving the input internally (as DIP switch) but when I am trying to replace the DIP switch externally (as a Digital input in PMOD), its not working. Can you tell me what actually am I doing wrong? And would you please give me any kind example that mentioned how to configure PMOD as input and output? 

If you want I can give you the model, though it is so simple (just in/out port in simulink).

Thanks in advance.

Archived