LabView and Win10 64 bits

lelis

Question

I would like to use occasionally LabView to simplify my test interface implemented (not commercial) on the Raspberry. Yesterday, I've downloaded and installed (uff!!!) the evolution for 45 days version of the LabView 2014 (not Home). After installing VIPM when launched asked me to install RunTime2015. I've done it  (Uff!!!!). Now I don't have access to Raspberry (unknown) but VNC orks well that means IP, username etc. are O.K. I understand that LabVIEW 2014 + Runtime2015 + current version of VIPM  don't work together. My question is:  buying LabView Home Bundle + current VIPM from Digilent:

1. LabView Home shall be in full version without surpices? 

2. Any RunTime installing

3: the access to Raspberry (Raspbian Jessie)  shall be working   

Thanks for answer.

8 answers to this question

Hi @lelis,

LabVIEW home bundle here has the following Features: 

LabVIEW Full Development System
LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation Module
LabVIEW MathScript RT Module
LabVIEW Application Builder Module

Here is the LabVIEW Makerhub that supports the linx platform. Here are a few instructables with linx and the RPI.

thank you,

Jon

Thanks jpeyron, but your links are know and already verified by me. My question is related to the LabView Home's order. I would like to be sure that AFTER buying Home version the connection with Raspberry PI shall be working even on WIN10 64 bits. I would like to avoid a white elephant.   

Hi @lelis,

LabVIEW 2014 isn't officially supported by NI to be compatible with Windows 10 and we have heard a few customers that have had difficulty with this and have not been able to successfully install LabVIEW 2014 Home Edition. However, a number of us here at Digilent are currently using LabVIEW 2014 (Home edition and otherwise) without issue though. The connection between the Raspberry Pi and LabVIEW 2014 will still be compatible.

As per this post, you will need to make sure you have the "right old version" of Raspbian.

I believe Jon gave the information that he did because he was answering your question #1.

Let me know if you have any other questions about this.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @lelis,

I was able to get confirmation that the Raspberry Pi will be work with Home edition on Windows 10. The difficulty I mentioned before stems from the fact that LabVIEW 2014 was released prior to the release of Windows 10, so National Instruments did not do any formal testing for it and so does not claim any official compatibility.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived