Information about JTAG HS2 working on HAPS 80

Dennis Jow

Question

I’m interested in possible use of the JTAG HS2  debugger for use as a firmware debugger for ARC processor code running on a HAPS 80 FPGA platform for our design team.  Can you answer the following questions:

Does the HS2 work with the Synopsys HAPS FPGA platform?

Does the HS2 work with ARC processors, specifically the EM and HSx series?

Does the HS2 utilize MetaWare for the debugging software or is there special software tools for working with the platform that we have?  What Is the Adept 2 and Adept SDK used for?

Is there information available regarding the JTAG firmware debug environment for the HS2?

6 answers to this question

Hi @Dennis Jow,

Metaware is a Synopsys product. My understanding is that Metaware works with the JTAG-HS2. Digilent does not support third party software. For verification that the JTAG-HS2 works with Metaware I would suggest to contact support for Metaware from Synopsys here. Digilent does provides the Adept 2 here for both 64 and 32 bit systems. Adept 2 is Digilent's supported software that is designed to work with the JTAG-HS2.  Here is the reference manual for Adept 2 as well as Adept SDK.

thank you,

Jon

Thx Jon.  Is the reference manual for Adept 2 or the Adept SDK downloadable as a PDF?   If not, is the Port communications programmers reference manual the best downloadable manual to start with for getting an idea of what Adept 2 does and how it works? 

Archived