miezekatzen_dompteur

Simple HDMI Output Nexys Video Board

Question

Hello,

i have got a problem with the output of a simple HDMI signal. I use the the IP block rgb2dvi of digilent and a vga.vhd file which creates the hsync, vsync signals. I connected the signals with vid_pHSync, vid_pVsync of the rgb2dvi IP. I created a vector (23 downto 0) with ('1') for vid_pData, with this vector is want show a white picture on the screen. The vid_pVDE is connected with '1'. I used the vga.vhd in a former project where i created a VGA signal on a screen. The vga.vhd creates a signal with 800 x 600 pix and 72Hz. The pixel clock is 50Mhz.

What's the meaning of the vid_pVDE signal...??

My problem is that i dont get a signal on the screen...??

Have a nice day...Bye bye

project_6.srcs.zip

4 answers to this question

Hello @miezekatzen_dompteur,

The vid_pVDE signal is Video Data Valid. You can find a lot of info regarding the rgb2dvi ip core into the attached document. A good idea would be to instantiate an ILA debug core, and check the behavioral of your video signals. 

Best Regards,

Bogdan Vanca

rgb2dvi.pdf

Thanks for the info 🙂

I saw the timing picture of the VGA port on the nexys-4-ddr board

Is it correct if i switch signal vid_pVDE to '1' when the picture is visible. If i have got a display with 640x480/60Hz, i switch the vid_pVDE signal to '1' between h_counter >= 144 and h_counter < 784 and v_counter >= 31 and v_counter < 511)

if (hc >= 144) and (hc < 784) and (vc >= 31) and (vc < 511) then

pVde <= '1';

else

pVde <= '0';

end if;

Hi,

i have solved my problem...I choosed the wrong frequenz and I didn't connect the pVDE signal with the rgb2dvi block...now I use 800 x 600 @ 60Hz...you can load my sample project with a white screen on my page www.miezekatzen-dompteur.de

Thanks for your help

Bye