booting from sd card nexys video

nattib

Question

hello every one,

I've been using qspi on nexys video board for auto configuration. I understand that qspi has limited life cycle of r/w so I thougth about using an external sd card. i googled this but couldn t find any article or tutorial explaining how to do this. i would be grateful for any help!

nattib

4 answers to this question

Depending on the dimensions of your code (.elf file) you can chose to either run it from the BRAM or from DDR (provided you have a DDR controller IP in the block design). If your elf file is small enough to fit in to the BRAM  you can splice it in to the bit file using SDK. This is done by programming the FPGA from SDK and in the Software Configuration section, instead of bootloop you put your .elf file in (the blue part in the attached picture), then you go to <SDK workspace directory>\<Name of Hardware Platform> and copy the download.bit on to your SD card.

If your code is not small enough to fit in to the BRAM then you have to use QSPI.

1117455475_Screenshotfrom2018-07-1815-18-29.png.3b98118df6efe38161d86aa36cbc3d79.png

Archived