Board Geometry for ARTY

davec

Question

Are there dimensions available somewhere for the Arty board?  I want to design a shield for Arty and need to know the exact locations of the headers.  I see that it looks similar to Arduino headers, but a drawing or even Altium PCB file would really help!  Thanks.

4 answers to this question

Can you specify 2 dimensions highlighted on the board on the attached image? 

Arty dimentions.PNG

For the headers they are standard 100mil headers(J4, J1, J7, J2). Correct?

The dimensions on the board headers do not appear to match the ChipKit(which has PCB file available). Correct?

It would be nice to have any kind of electronic reference file. 3D CAD file or .STL or anything we can use to measure dimensions on our own. I understand the necessity of keeping Arty's layout proprietary, but you got to give us something.. 

Hi arhangel123,

The headers do have the standard 100 mil spacing.

The board headers to support chipKIT/Arduino shields do match the chipKIT dimensions, at least in regards to J1, J7, J4, J2, and J3. The two shields that I have on hand (the chipKIT Pmod Shield and the Basic I/O Shield were able to snugly fit into the headers.

As for the two dimensions, I don't have the appropriate software to determine the dimensions, but as mentioned in your other post, there is a 3D STEP file in the Arty Resource Center on the right hand side underneath Design Resources.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

The dimensions you have in question are on the same 0.100"  grid as the connectors above (0.291" from the edge of the board.  The next header to the left just skips a pin.

If I remember correctly, the two outside rows are spaced to line up with an Arduino shield.

Archived