PMODDA3 ON ARTY

Antonio Fasano

Question

Gentlemen,

I am trying to find an IP that will allow me to use one PMOD DA3 with the ARTY Board. I have not found any.

The vivado PMOD library master file adds only PMOD DA1 IP, which is very different than the PMOD DA3. Where can I find the necessary IP and example files for th SDK so I can get the DA3 Pmod to work on the Arty ?

Thanks

Antonio

3 answers to this question

Hi @Antonio Fasano,

Unfortunately, we have not had time to create an IP Core for the Pmod DA3. The easiest way to get the Pmod DA3 working with microblaze would be to use the Add module function using the vhdl code made by one of our community members @hamster hereHere is a forum thread that discusses using the Add a Module function.

thank you,

Jon

Hi, jpeyron,

Thank you. Actually I need to work with the Arty - Z7 board (Not Microblaze) and the PmodDA3.

should I use the same link you gave me above to get the Pmod running ?

Also - I have been looking for an example project to use the Echo server on the Arty-Z7. when I try to complile the echo server software under SDK, it ocmplains I need to add a MAC IP to the block design, but I cannot find the right one, because connection automation will not run properly with the ones I find in the repository. Where can I find the correct MAC IP to run the echo server on teh Arty-Z7 ?  I moved this question to a new thread here. --JColvin

Thanks

Hi @Antonio Fasano,

It should not matter if you are using a zynq processor or microblaze when using the add a module function.  The links attached should still be good references for your project. 

Are you using the Arty-Z7 board file here?  

The reference manual here in section 9 Ethernet PHY discusses that the Zynq incorporates two independent Gigabit Ethernet Controllers. They implement a 10/100/1000 half/full duplex Ethernet MAC. On an Ethernet network each node needs a unique MAC address. To this end, the one-time-programmable (OTP) region of the Quad-SPI flash has been programmed at the factory with a 48-bit globally unique EUI-48/64™ compatible identifier. The OTP address range [0x20;0x25] contains the identifier with the first byte in transmission byte order being at the lowest address. Refer to the Flash memory datasheet for information on how to access the OTP regions. -- Moved to other thread here. --JColvin

thank you,

Jon

Archived