Linux freeze in the end of the boot process

Art

Question

Hello to everyone.

I try to boot linux on ZYBO board. I follow the instruction: https://reference.digilentinc.com/zybo:zybo:zybotguide

But in the end of the boot process everything freezes.  And I can't understand what am I doing wrong.

Here are several last lines of the boot process.

ALSA device list:                                                                                                 
  No soundcards found.                                                                                            
Waiting for root device /dev/mmcblk0p2...                                                                         
mmc0: new high speed SDHC card at address aaaa                                                                    
mmcblk0: mmc0:aaaa SP32G 29.7 GiB                                                                                 
 mmcblk0: p1 p2                                                                                                   
EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): recovery complete                                                                            
EXT4-fs (mmcblk0p2): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)                                      
VFS: Mounted root (ext4 filesystem) on device 179:2.                                                              
devtmpfs: mounted                                                                                                 
Freeing unused kernel memory: 216K (40626000 - 4065c000)                                                          
init: ureadahead main process (588) terminated with status 5

What puzzles me most is the fact that several days ago everything worked fine...

5 answers to this question

Hi Art, 

I wasn't able to duplicate the issue. I did just update a link in the Zybotguide for linaro. The link now opens the correct version of linaro for the Zybo. If you use a different version of Linaro that might be the issue. While i do more research would you check and see if you used the right version.

thank you,

Jon

Just an update on this. Today I noticed that my power source has only 550mA output, which is more or less equivalent to what the USB port can deliver. In the Zybo Reference Manual it says I should have at least 2.5A, so it may be it (even though I am not using HDMI). Whenever I have a decent power supply, I will post an update of my experiments.

Archived